Are you one of those suffering from acne? Acne doesn’t just happen in the face, it can happen over your entire body and you might need some changes in your lifestyle to help you get over it. Acne is ugly to look and can stop you from having that clean and smooth skin. In fact, acne can change the entire texture of a face, and have others smirking at you.
While there are a number of people who believe that acne treatment creams are the solution, one of the best ways to get rid of acne is to bring in a change in your food habits. Here is what you can do when it comes to dealing with acne and bidding it adieu.
Dealing with acne
Being one of the most common and troublesome skin problems of them all, acne can cause extensive damage to your skin if not treated on time. Use these natural ways to control the acne and give way to smooth and soft skin in the comfort of your house.
- Apple cider vinegar – This is one of the best ingredients to control acne as it helps in killing the acne-causing bacteria present on the skin. The vinegar dries up excess oil, balances the skin’s pH and becomes alkaline, thereby making it difficult for the bacteria to survive. Mix one part vinegar with 3 parts water. Dip a cotton ball in this mix and apply on the affected area. Let it rest for a few minutes and then rinse off with cool water. Apply 3 to 4 times daily and use a good moisturizer after rinsing off the vinegar each time.
- Yogurt or milk – Dairy products such as yogurt or milk can help reduce acne on the skin. They contain antibacterial properties, nourish the skin with their fat content and also remove dirt and oil build-up. Apply room temperature milk or yogurt on the acne and let it rest for 15 minutes. When done, scrub the area to get rid of dead skin cells and allow new ones to reach the skin’s surface. Wash off with water and apply a moisturizer.
- Egg whites – The white of eggs help reduce acne and also fade scars. Egg whites are full of proteins and vitamins and rebuild damaged skin cells quickly. They also soak up excess oil from the skin. Take the white from 2 eggs and whisk till it becomes frothy. Let it sit on the affected area for 10 minutes. Apply 2 to 3 layers of the same at an interval of 5 minutes each for best results. Finally rinse off after 15 more minutes and pat dry. Apply a good-quality moisturizer when done.
- Cinnamon and honey mask – Honey and cinnamon make a great combination to combat acne-prone skin. Being loaded with antimicrobial properties, cinnamon helps to stop the bacteria from spreading while honey’s antibiotic properties wipe out the acne from its roots. Mix a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 2 tablespoons of honey to get a smooth paste. Apply paste on affected area and let it rest for 10 minutes. When done, rinse off with cold water and pat dry.
- Papaya – Papayas are a great anti-acne remedy which remove dead skin cells and extra lipids from the skin and make it smoother than before. It contains an enzyme named papain which reduces inflammation and pus which is caused due to acne. Simply mash a slice of fresh papaya and apply to affected area. Rinse off after 15 minutes and moisturize afterwards.