Women across the globe have a constant need to have beautiful, soft, glowing skin. That’s why it’s no surprise that the beauty and skin care industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. Women will pay whatever it takes to look fantastic and have perfect skin.
What if there was something you could do on your own, without products or surgeries, which required no out of pocket expense other than a few groceries? It has been said that the best way to nourish your skin is from within. That’s why today, Resveralife would like to give you some insight as to the different types of foods you can eat to achieve and maintain healthy, silky skin.
Superfoods for your Skin
Food isn’t generally the first thing people think of when it comes to skin care and achieving soft, silky skin. However, there are a multitude of good, fresh, wholesome ingredients one can incorporate into their daily diets that are not only good for you overall, but will result in super soft and silky skin if ingested for a period of time. Let’s examine a few of those foods:
- Red Bell Peppers – contains high levels of Vitamin C to fight wrinkles
- Blueberries – Speeds cell regeneration and growth, provide loads of antioxidants, protect the skin from the sun’s harmful rays
- Avocados – Contains high amounts of Vitamin E to moisturize skin, fights free radicals, protects from harmful UV rays from sun
- Sweet Potatoes – Contains Beta Carotine which produces Vitamin A to aid in new skin cell growth; also contains retinoids which are found in many beauty products
- Salmon – Great for skin due to Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which moisturize and nourish the skin, and also decreases dryness and keeps skin’s elasticity in tact
- Onions – Contains Quercetin which is an antioxidant used to fight wrinkles and fine lines
- Whole Grains – Contain Polyphenols and Carotenoids which fight the signs of and the actual aging process
- Pomegranate – May reduce risk of cancer, contains loads of Vitamin C to keep skin looking bright and free of wrinkles
Incorporating as many servings a week as you like of the above fruits, vegetables, proteins and grains is one of the best bets if you would like to care for your skin the natural way, and begin living a better eating lifestyle. Diets don’t work, but making permanent changes in your diet will work because eating better is a lifestyle choice, not a fad.
Resveratrol thought it would be fun to include a few recipes using some of the above ingredients for you to try out at home. Let us know what you think after you’ve tried them for yourself.
- 1 filet salmon, wild if possible
- 2 TBSP of Pesto sauce
- Aluminum Foil or Parchment paper
- Baking Dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slather your salmon filet front and back with the pesto sauce, and wrap lightly in aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Pop filet into the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until filet is done and flaky.
The health benefits of the fish coupled with the health benefits of the pesto will provide your skin with a wonderful dose of moisturizing ingredients. It’s a meal you can feel good about. Pair this fish with some steamed or grilled vegetables, and some wild rice. Perfect!
Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie
- ½ C Fat Free Milk (you could substitute for any kind of milk you like such as Coconut, Almond, Rice or Soy)
- ½ C Fat Free Yogurt, Plain
- 1 C Unsweetened frozen blueberries (this omits the need to add ice)
- 1 TSP Honey or Agave nectar to sweeten
Add all of the above ingredients to your blender and blend on high until smooth, only about 10-15 seconds. Drink to your health, and also your skin’s health! This delicious breakfast smoothie is loaded with antioxidants, protein, Vitamin C, and UV fighting components.
Good Food for Silky Skin
We hope this informative article has helped you understand the ways in which you can eat better, and heal your skin from the inside out – and maintain it for your skin to look its absolute best.
What are some of your favorite foods to eat to care for your skin? How do you use these ingredients? Tell us below.