Most of us come believe that using high-class vine vera skincare products on a regular basis will help make our skin glow and shine. However, did you know that what you eat not only helps you stay healthy but also can be quite effective in making your skin glow in a natural manner? Yes, your lifestyle and what you eat greatly influences how you look and how well your skin is maintained. While you might love that hamburger of McDonalds or go out to Burger King every weekend, you might want to know that not all food helps you equally to maintain your skin – you need the right nutrients.
So, what are the foods that should absolutely be in your diet plan?
Some foods are better than others and while you need not eat food items that you do not like, there are plenty of food items that have the nutrients and vitamins you need for a healthy skin. These top food items can work wonders for your skin and give it an amazing glow. So the next time you plan your daily diet, just don’t forget to include these food items in it.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are capable of clearing acne and related skin problems with ease, especially if eaten raw. Try to eat 2 to 3 raw tomatoes everyday or you can also consume tomato-based foods such as its juice, sauce or vegetables cooked in tomato gravy. A phytochemical named lycopene makes tomatoes red in color and are exactly the chemical which lowers acne- promoting hormones and also protects the skin from the sun’s UV rays effectively, thus making it glow. Another benefit of lycopene is that improves the level of antioxidants in the skin thereby combating free radicals produced from exposure to sun.
- Seafood and Fishes – Studies reveal that people who consume a diet rich in seafood and fishes experience less wrinkles and fine lines during their lifetime. The reason is that fishes and seafood contain omega-3 fatty acids which slow down the wrinkling process and make the skin look younger and tighter for many years. These fatty acids also fight off acne easily and reduce inflammation along with making the skin shine with regular consumption.
- Green Tea – Green tea too has the ability to reduce acne-promoting hormones which are known as dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It is also loaded with antioxidants which give the skin a younger look and healthier feel. One should drink at least 3 cups of green tea, one after each meal for maximum benefits on the skin and body.
- Brown Rice – Brown rice is rich in ceramides which are lipid molecules. These molecules help the skin to retain moisture in it and give it a natural glow. By eating naturally occurring ceramides, they get incorporated into the skin’s outer layers and increase moisture content extensively.
- Deeply colored berries – Blueberries, strawberries and cherries are some of deeply colored cherries which contain loads of antioxidants and help the skin fight off blemishes with ease. Acne has the ability to deplete antioxidants in the skin and make it stressed, giving rise to more skin problems. Try to eat a bowl of any of these berries once a day to get glowing and clean skin. You can also drink shakes containing these berries if you do not wish to eat the raw fruit.